Thursday, 20 October 2016

Week 5

Presentations

This week required us to create a Pecha Kucha presentation. The presentation was based around our knowledge and thought on what place was. A Pecha Kucha is comprised of ten slides which run at a pace of 20 seconds per slide, so it is very fast paced and you have to make sure you're either talking quick enough or saying enough to cover the 20 seconds.

The days at school building up to the presentation were reserved for workshops on delivering presentations and improving our ability to deliver speeches. The workshops themselves were fun but I don't feel they touched on the process of giving a presentation or speech in front of a group of people we have only briefly known. It was more focused on famous speakers and what techniques they may use which was really hard to adapt into our own work.

The questions we were required to answer were fairly straight forward and it provided me with a solid starting point for each of my slides. The questions we could base our slides on are as follows:

  1. What did place mean to us at the start of the project?
  2. What does it mean to us now? Has it changed?
  3. What artists have inspired us?
  4. What is our place?
  5. How do we represent our place?
I felt that my Presentation went very well, I was able to communicate my sense of place effectively from what I initially believed it to be to what I now believe place means to me. Though despite all of that it would have been a more fun presentation had I took my eyes off of my cue cards. I had a lot to say and remembering it all didn't seem very realistic so I created basic cue cards to read from. This was my first presentation in front of my new class so I felt nervous at first but I was forcing myself to be confident. However the nerves did eventually kick in and I found myself with my face buried in my cue cards avoiding the vigilant stares of my audience.



No comments:

Post a Comment