Wednesday, 3 May 2017

FMP | Week 3 | Day 2


After completing my research on both Indian and Japanese architecture I decided to try and respond to it. To do this I decided to redesign and building in London that facilitates culture. I chose the Globe Theatre because it is one of the most stand out buildings we have in London. It also looked promising from the shape of the roof and the interior of the building. 



I did some quick research on the Globe theatre and discussed why I chose to redesign this building. 


I then decided to get some photographs of the building so that it would make it easier and more accurate to redesign. I found this photo of a brilliant view, capturing both the stage but the audience on the floor and the upper tiers. 




These were my final designs. The roofs have been curved all the way around and I have also added a few smaller roofs on the top. The pillars have been redesigned also so that they follow in the footsteps of traditional Indian architetcure. If you look on the balconies you can see that the space between each pillar has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment