I wanted to look into things that may divide out community. Now seeing as I am focusing on architecture they can definitely be physical things that divide us, however the first things that came into mind was politics and so I made a small collage based on the events that have been happening recently around the world.
I included things such as the Black Lives Matter protests. This was one of the first things I thought of. It BLM was a movement founded after the mass amounts of Police brutality towards young African Americans over in the US. It sparked huge controversy over the training of police officials and once it began to reach other countries the black community of America completely turned on their police force.
I included information on the war going on over in Syria as that is something worth talking about every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
I also wrote a little paragraph talking about my thoughts on everything happening in the world.
This is what I wrote:
The world has become a terrifying place.
Social and political injustice is around every corner.
At this very moment America is on the brink of a civil war between ethnic minorities and rogue police officers and overpaid government officials.
Recent happenings between unarmed African-Americans and White police officers has brought race and ethnicity into every aspect of the conflict.
It has gotten so bad that it prompted the American public to create the Black Lives Matter movement.
An organisation committed to the black people of America.
Elsewhere in the country, in Washington specifically, President Trump is still demanding a wall be built between neighbouring country Mexico in blinded attempts to ‘Rid the country of rapists and drugs’.
It has made worldwide news leaving people laughing at the President’s unrealistic and unfathomable approach to immigration.
Syria has been in a civil war between their rebels and their government for as long as we can remember but recent Chemical attacks on their own people has cause other countries such as Great Britain, America and Russia to step in, with president Trump launching 59 ballistic missiles, destroying the Syrian Government's air base.
More worldwide panic come in the shape of Nuclear Warheads that North Korean leader, Kim Jon Un has threatened the US with.
Despite their capabilities to wipe out our very existence, the world is still keen on creating these weapons of mass destruction.


No comments:
Post a Comment