Friday, 12 May 2017

FMP | Week 4 | Day 1


In response to my research into walls I wanted to design a sort of installation/public exhibit that resembled a wall. I tried to rebuke the conventional wall structure that you got with the Peace Lines and the Berlin Wall and so I opted for a more shell like wall as it would offer shelter and protection. These are more positive effects for a wall other than separating and limiting. This was of course just an idea for a response so I didn't dive too deep into the design and thought.


I tried another design. one where you can walk inside the wall instead on the outer edge, the wall will still function as a wall but allow people to enter it and come together instead of settling for being divided. The wall would maintain the nurturing, protective and sheltering aspects that the previous design had.


Whilst creating this design I realised I might as well have a go at trying to replicate it in Google Sketchup because at least then I can get more hands on with the software. I had never created a curved wall so having a go at it was a great decision.



No comments:

Post a Comment