Once again referring back to some of the drawings I did I looked for yet ANOTHER pathway. What I was doing was giving me results, so far, but it was certainly tiring. I looked at the shape again and wanted to make something in homage to the research I was doing on the Memorials and monuments. If I just create the arc and have it as an installation-type monument, could that be the way forward?
Regardless of whether it was a good idea or not It needed to be done. Above (and below) are examples of how it might look both on paper and as a small scale 3D model. The above picture contains a scale model which is something I definitely need to get used to as it will help me out a lot, not only when it comes to thinking about the actual scale but for legitimising my work. No scale, no marks.
Here are a few more images of my model I made using the blue foam from yesterday:
Other than blue foam, which at this point seemed like the ideal material, I wanted to try other things to help realise my design. For this model below I simply got a piece of a3 paper and cut one side into tabs about 90% the length of the page, keeping them attached. A picture of it would be great to try and explain how I did it but unfortunately I didn't bring my A game today.
However, the model turned out pretty awesome. It was much better than I had anticipated. It stood very well, with the aid of some tape, and the curve of the structure was really smooth. I wrapped the tabs around and around into a cylinder shape and taped them down. With the structure thicker in some parts I had to wrap it looser than the parts which were thinner in diameter.








No comments:
Post a Comment