Although I was hoping to laser cut today as I had gotten my materials yesterday, I thought it would be a little more sensible to properly plan so that I wouldn't have to travel far for more materials simply because I wasn't cautious enough.
These are some images of my scaling down of my design. I had chose the scale of 1:250 as it would make the model fit into a space just larger than an a4 sheet which was perfect. I didn't want my model to be any bigger and frankly any smaller would be a massive challenge to construct it.
I made a little model in Google Sketchup, that unfortunately crashed which meant I couldn't grab any screenshots, and the measurements were in feet. This was a measurement I wasn't entirely familiar with. I had heard of it I just haven't worked with it and I certainly haven't been able to convert it into meters. For this I just used a google converter. This was a very long process and involved a lot of maths. Despite this it was a very rewarding process because it just proved how necessary scaling is when it comes to making a model. If I fail to work out the measurements correctly some of the faces would be inaccurate and might simply fall short or exceed their desired length/height.


No comments:
Post a Comment