Wednesday, 7 June 2017

FMP | Week 8 | Day 2


TWO DAYS TO GO! Making my second model, thankfully this one went well. I say well, the material I was using was perfect. It held strong, the edges in between the windows were firm and held their place.


The only issue that I could point out were of course the burn marks. I think that getting a completely flawless piece cut from the laser cutter is near on impossible, simply because the sheer heat from the laser is going to leave some sort of mark regardless of your material. Fire always leaves a mark. 


The edges were great to be able to glue together as there wasn't an inner material like what you get with the foam board. It isn't very easy to see but on this side of the building especially I have used some corrugated paper to give the sides, that don't have any interesting features such as a window, a bit of character.


This was about as bad as the material got. Not very bad all things considered. Compared to the last model I created the window frames are actually still intact which is a win in my eyes. 


I placed the model onto a foamboard base so that it would be both lighter and allow me to punch in some holes for my scale model figures.






The next things that I needed to do was to incorporate the floors. This was pretty simple. I just did some measurements and cut it with my stanley knife. I knew the rough shape of it, however some of it didn't match exactly. Despite it being a little annoying it didn't matter too much as it wasn't so obvious.


I used some metal railings on the edges. Thankfully I managed to find some with the scale of 1:250 which was perfect for my model. They also looked really nice, though they weren't easy to put in. Because I used foam board for the floors I imagined they'd have been a lot easier to punch in however the pins kept bending because they were so thin.

Some more pictures of my (currently) burnt model:





No comments:

Post a Comment