This week was the last week. Our project is due on Thursday and so I really needed to perfect the arc that was going to be the centrepiece of my model.
I managed to salvage some more blue foam from Ana and proceeded to line out my arc and begin the cutting.
This is the shape I had to carefully sculpt out of the blue foam. It was a very important piece and I wasn't allowed to mess it up because the supply of blue foam was running low and I simply didn't have the time to look for more.
I had to stick two pieces together to allow the arc to reach its maximum width. This was something that really got in the way of time. I spent a long time trying to work out how I could manage the width until I thought of this brilliant Idea. I simply super glued two square pieces together and proceeded with my cutting.
I had to use a pencil to outline it. I decided that being overly careful and cautious couldn't hurt every once in a while, especially at this stage in a very important project. The outlining really helped me in the end as it allowed me to keep track of where I was cutting, reducing the risk of ruining the model.
After I had managed to sculpt the arch out of the foam I had to sand it down because it was very angular and blocky which didn't look nice. I went and bought some sand paper to smooth out the rough edges and sharp corners.
Here are some images of the finished arch.







No comments:
Post a Comment