I didn't achieve much in terms of work on this day. This day was dedicated to collecting materials as I didn't have much time to achieve anything as I had to be elsewhere. I took a trip to the 4D modelshop in Aldgate East and bought enough materials to meet my needs. I bought three sheets of a3 foamboard for the building as well as some scale models and trees both of which were at a scale of 1:250.
I was a little worried about the materials I had chosen because I hadn't had the chance to test different materials in the conditions of the laser cutter. While some materials could withstand the temperature of the laser, others had the tendency to catch fire and become ruined as a result of the heat. This was something I was going to have to find out the hard way. I am hoping to start laser cutting tomorrow so that it gives me enough time to get some more materials should that be the case.
No comments:
Post a Comment