Friday, 2 June 2017

FMP | Week 4 | Day 5


YAY! Finally after all of that research I found my way towards my initial ideas. It was a very relieving thought because it was definitely something I was looking forward to. I was so eager to put my ideas together and create something extraordinary, The best thing about the progression of my project was not being able to have an idea about what it was I was going to make. Because my proposal allowed a multitude of avenues I couldn't think ahead and believe that I was going to make a building that looked a certain way, I just had to do it the proper way and let my research and development bring me to a conclusion


I decided upon three main avenues for exploration. A monument, an installation or a building that would, in some way, facilitate culture


The monument was a rendition of the War memorial for the murdered Jews of Europe and was altered by splitting the pillars and reducing the size of the overall memorial. That would eventually lead onto further development had I chose it.


My proposal for an installation was inspired by many things, The Berlin wall, The Great wall of China, The Peace Lines and The border between Mexico and the US. The installation would stand to represent the divide and offer criticism to people's flawed and controversial views. 


my final idea was to essentially offer a combination of the previous two by acting as a monument, by acting as an installation and also adding other components within the building itself.





No comments:

Post a Comment